Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Grief and sorrow

I attended the funeral of the dearest 22 year old daughter of a friend of mine yesterday, and afterwards I had to take the time to consider grief and sorrow.

They are demanding enemies.


Whether they are enemies or friends, I have not been able to decide, but demanding they are.
I know their fruits are delicious - so someday I might consider them as friends, but I am not ready for that yet.

I advised my friend to read (and listen to) this webpage as consolation, as it has served as a consolation for me in times of crisis (it has the lyrics, as well as the history of why this song was written) :
http://www.biblestudycharts.com/A_Daily_Hymn.html

The end of this story is the enjoyment by posterity of one of the most tender gospel songs : 'It is well with my soul'.

Maybe we can come to that point one day when we can turn grief and sorrow into abundant joy.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPPSG_SpojY&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment