Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Psalm 101: The 9 House Rules to live by

Psalm 101 - Of David. A psalm.

 1 I will sing of your love and justice; 

   to you, LORD, I will sing praise.

2 I will be careful to lead a blameless life—

   when will you come to me?

   I will conduct the affairs of my house

   with a blameless heart.

3 I will not look with approval
   on anything that is vile.


   I hate what faithless people do;

   I will have no part in it.

4 The perverse of heart shall be far from me;
   I will have nothing to do with what is evil.

 5 Whoever slanders their neighbor in secret,

   I will put to silence;

whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart,
   I will not tolerate.

 6 My eyes will be on the faithful in the land,

   that they may dwell with me;

the one whose walk is blameless
   will minister to me.

 7 No one who practices deceit

   will dwell in my house;

no one who speaks falsely
   will stand in my presence.

 8 Every morning I will put to silence

   all the wicked in the land;

I will cut off every evildoer
   from the city of the LORD.


Now apply this to you everyday life, and it looks like this:


9 House Rules:
1. Choose your music according to verse 1
2. Immaculate behaviour towards others, and honesty of heart in my house
3. Live with the realisation that the Lord can pay a visit or come to get his children at any time.
4. No TV, magazines or reading material in my house that can  be classified under the four points in verses 3-4
5. To not speak evil of my neighbour
6. Humility is our best assurance and our best precautionary measure against harm and misery
7. Choose our friends according to verse 6
8. No lies and misbehaviour will be tolerated
9. We pray and read a verse from the Bible every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment