Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Prosperity teaching - a one sided ministry.

Lately we have heard this Prosperity Teaching which is such an easy and one sided ministry. God does not even feature in any of its doctrine nor has God any say in it.

It goes like this : I am a child of God, all is well with me, God meant me to have the best, I am the King's child and I can have anything I want. Nothing bad can happen to me. God meant me to be rich, and to prosper and to be healthy and everything else is from the devil.

No ifs, no buts, no becauses, no conditions. Nothing I need to do about it, except to accept it. Nothing God needs to do about it. It has been done for me (on the cross) - I just need to accept it or take it or embrace it or believe it - and all these things shall be given unto me.

However ..... my Bible says the following :

1. 2 Chron. 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways ; then will I hear from heaven ....

2.  Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

3. 1Jn 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. v:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

4. Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

5. Gen 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted ?
6. Rev. 3:20 ... if any man hear my voice, and open the door ...
7. Rev 3:3 ... If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief ....
8. Rev. 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth ...

So I can go on almost endlessly, but if we will not heed these, nothing else will convince us.

1 comment:

  1. Hier is een van die prosperity manne se 'teaching' hier op FB :

    ONTVANG wat ek nou oor jou LOSMAAK in die Naam van JESUS CHRISTUS. Van NOU af VERDIEP jou VERHOUDING met GOD DRAMATIES. Jy ERVAAR letterlik die HEILIGE GEES by JOU en IN JOU terwyl jy hier lees. Jy is nie net VOL van die HEILIGE GEES nie. Jy LOOP OOR. Strome van LEWENDE WATERS VLOEI vanuit JOU BINNESTE. Jy is VERLOS va...

    En hierdie een :

    Die Heilige Gees het vir my EEN WOORD gegee: EFFORTLESS!!! Jou lewe is NIE bedoel om een groot STRUGGLE te wees nie. Daar is vir JOU ’n PLEK in God se RUS waar dinge vir jou EFFORTLESS in PLEK begin val. ’n Plek waar GOD jou BATTLES vir JOU FIGHT. Jesus sê: Neem my juk op julle en LEER van My, want Ek is sagmoedig en n...

    Almal met so tikkie Godsaligheid by.

    ReplyDelete